ORIGIN: WEST KELOWNA BC (CANADA)
|LAST GOAL:||01/04/2013 (vs. GRAND RAPIDS)||LAST ASSIST:||01/05/2013 (vs. MILWAUKEE)|
|GOALS:||2 (12/22/2012)||ASSISTS:||2 (01/05/2013)|
|GAME POINTS:||3 (11/25/2012)||+/- :||5 (10/19/2012)|
|SHOTS:||7 (01/05/2013)||PIM:||2 (10/26/2012)|
- Top-10 Hobey Baker finalist each of the past 2 seasons at the Universty of Wisconsin.
- First-team All-American and WCHA Defensive Player of the Year each of the past 2 seasons.
- Named the Spike Carlson Most Valuable Player by Wisconsin teammates last season.
- Finished second on the Badgers in points last season with 44 (in 37 games).
- Enters this season tied for eighth in Wisconsin history among defensemen with 113 career points.
- Played 2 full seasons of Junior A with the Westside Warriors of the BCHL, 2008-09, where he was named Interior Conference Top Defensemen each season.
- Originally selected by Anaheim in the second round (43rd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Did not sign with the Ducks, eventually becoming an unrestricted free agent this summer.
- Signed by Edmonton to a 2-year entry level contract July 1, 2012.
- In first professional season after 3 years at the University of Wisconsin.
- Had a pair of shorthanded goals Oct. 19 vs. San Antonio while setting the club record (with Martin Marincin) at +5.
- Had a 9-game point streak from the start of the season snapped Nov. 4 at San Antonio.
- Named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Oct. 21, 2012 and the CCM/AHL Player of the Month for October.
- The CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month for November, during which he had 5 goals, 19 points and was +10 in 13 games.
- Had a franchise record-equaling 10-game point streak snapped Dec. 9, during which he had 5 goals and 12 assists.
- Has failed to lodge a point in only 5 games this season.