ORIGIN: BURNABY BC (CANADA)
|LAST GOAL:||11/24/2012 (vs. CHARLOTTE)||LAST ASSIST:||11/21/2012 (vs. TEXAS)|
|GOALS:||2 (11/17/2012)||ASSISTS:||2 (11/21/2012)|
|GAME POINTS:||3 (11/17/2012)||+/- :||3 (11/24/2012)|
|SHOTS:||4 (11/30/2012)||PIM:||2 (11/30/2012)|
- A finalist for the Calder Memorial Trophy last season and named to the NHL's All-Rookie Team in his first campaign with the Edmonton Oilers.
- The NHL's Rookie of the Month for October and November, the second player in history to accomplish that in the first two months of his career (Evgeni Malkin, 2007).
- Missed 20 games over two stints because of left shoulder injuries, but played 62 games, scoring 18 goals with 34 assists for 52 points.
- Scored his first NHL goal in the 2011-12 season opener vs. Pitsburgh's Brent Johnson, a third-period, game-tying goal.
- Became the fastest Oiler rookie to register a hat trick with 3 goals Oct. 15 vs. Vancouver.
- Played 2 full seasons with the Red Deer Rebels of the Western Hockey League, 2010-11.
- WHL's Rookie of the Year in 2010 and a member of the Canadian Junior All-Rookie team that season.
- Led the WHL with 75 assists in second junior season, 2011.
- Represented Canada at the 2012 World Hockey Championships, scoring 4 goals and adding 2 assists in 6 games.
- Selected by Edmonton in the first round (first overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
- Assigned to the Barons by Edmonton Sept. 15, 2012.
- Recorded first AHL goals with a 2-goal performance Oct. 23 vs. Lake Erie.
- Has three 2-goal games this season.