By Jim Byers, on 12/08/2012

Scott Timmons scored his second goal of the game with 21.1 seconds remaining in regulation to send the San Antonio Rampage to a 4-3 win over the Oklahoma City Barons on Saturday at AT&T Center.

It was San Antonio's third straight win and their first in 10 games this season when trailing after two periods, as Oklahoma City led 3-2 after two. The Barons fall to 11-7-1-2 while the Rampage improve to 9-11-0-3, winning at home for the first time since beating the Barons Nov. 4. The teams meet again on Sunday at 4:30 pm CST at AT&T Center.

San Antonio gained its only lead in the game's final minute after a turnover in the Barons' zone led to Casey Wellman feeding Timmins, who put one past Yann Danis from the mid-slot for the winner.

Jon Rheault started the comeback with a breakaway goal at 6:49 of the third after Martin Marincin broke his stick on a shot attempt.

Anton Lander opened the scoring 11 seconds into the game, the fastest goal from the start of a game in Barons history. Nathan Deck, in his first AHL game, blocked an attempted San Antonio dump-in pass and earned an assist when Lander streaked up ice and beat Jacob Markstrom from the left wing. The previous fastest goal from the start of a game was by Ryan Keller 12 seconds into the first period at Lake Erie Jan. 4, 2012.

Jordan Eberle gave the Barons a 2-0 lead at 19:17 of the first, finishing a series of passes that went from Eberle to Mark Arcobello to Justin Schultz. For Schultz, it extended his point streak to 10 games, matching a club record.

The Rampage answered that with a goal from the slot by Timmins with 19 seconds left in the first to make it 2-1 after one period.

Greg Rallo tied the score 2-2 at 1:37 of the second, but Magnus Paajarvi countered to put the Barons back in front 3-2 after two when he converted a centering pass from Teemu Hartikainen at 4:28.

San Antonio out-shot Oklahoma City 32-29 in improving to 2-1 against the Barons this season.


(return to articles...)

This Article has been viewed: 957 times